Monday, December 17, 2012

Christmas in Maine

It's a tricky business, having family spread out around the eastern half of the country. But we do enjoy soaking in all of the times spent with family and it's kind of fun to stretch it out a little, too. :) We did an early Christmas with the Austin side of the family this year, and it was Maine's turn to host! Ben and Matt talk about these trips for months. I hope they have amazing memories of Maine... I always breathe a little more deeply each time we go. And I always hate to leave!
I love Matt's face. Who knows what that is in his hand (he might not even know!), but there is such glee on his face. I always think - man, Christmas gifts weren't nearly as fun or exciting till we had kids!

Examining some more stocking contents

The boys trying out someone's new toy... this was a really fun aspect of this year's exchanges. Ben and Matt, Abel and Teddy are obviously different ages and at different stages, but they really did seem to enjoy exploring each other's new things together. From Hex Bugs to Lincoln Logs to Angry Birds to Marble Run... it was all so much fun!

Angry Birds Attack. This was one item on Ben's wish list that he was very, very specific about.
He was so excited to unwrap it! (Thanks, Uncle Dan!!)

Ben scoping out what Teddy got

This guy was a HUGE hit. Matt is a lover of all things soft and stuffed, and well - the bigger the better. He triumphantly carried this guy into his room when he went to bed. He calls him "Big Froggy," which is so very descriptive, and distinguishes this beloved friend from plain old "Froggy" ...who is probably equally loved but not nearly as large. :)

No comments: