Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Ben can read!

So, awhile back I posted a video of Ben tying his shoes, with the "back story" that he had been praying for weeks to learn how to tie his shoes. Well, as soon as he mastered that awesome skill, he began praying to learn how to read. Josh and I got thinking, and we talked it over with Ben, and we decided to add in an extra couple of days of preschool (he now goes five days per week), the additional days having a focus on literacy. Ben was REALLY excited. It didn't take long before things really started clicking for him! I had bought him some phonics books a few months ago, and he has been sounding out short words for a good while, but (drumroll, please!) he is actually reading now. This video isn't the best at showcasing his new skill (and it is MUCH longer than I would normally post!), but you get the idea. We have entered a whole new world!

No comments: