If you follow along over at my blog, you've already seen some pictures of our driveway re-do. I wanted to put a post here, too, though, because the whole experience has really been wonderful for our boys! Ben and Matt have had a chance to get up close and personal with lots of heavy equipment, and they have each even had a ride. The man working on our driveway goes to our church, and he's really been patient and friendly with the boys. They have enjoyed watching him so much!
Remember all of that construction equipment atop Matt's birthday cake last year? The boys have played with these pieces off and on throughout the year, but as soon as the ground was broken for our new driveway, they were out. I thought this was really cute.
No matter what age, boys play with their toys, don't they?
Ben in the bucket. I just had to!
Ben got to ride in the excavator! He even got to dump a few loads of topsoil into the dump truck. Matt was napping at this time, but don't you worry - he got to ride on the bulldozer (I just didn't get a picture of that, sad).
I LOVE how tiny Ben is next to the great big equipment. He loved to get out there and climb the piles and throw rocks.
Speaking of throwing rocks...
Sometimes just sitting and watching is pretty sweet, too.
This post is pretty Ben-heavy, but when both boys were around I wanted to keep a pretty good eye on them. I was able to take more pictures when Matt was napping! It was such a treat for them to have all that heavy equipment up close, they were so excited, and the man doing the work was so friendly - it was hard for them to remember to stay out of the way sometimes!
A short video to show you some of the work that was done, and to see just how close they got to be to everything:
No comments:
Post a Comment