Saturday, June 2, 2012

Bunk Beds!

Ever since we learned that we were having a second boy, Josh and I have wanted to put them in bunk beds. I'm not sure why; I'm sure we kind of romanticize the idea of our boys being the best of friends, sharing everything, etc. One will be a pitcher, the other a catcher. One a quarterback, the other a receiver. You get the idea. Two weeks ago, Matt climbed out of his crib for the first time, and we figured it was as good a time as any to get the bunk beds.

Watching Daddy put the new bed together

Ben tried it out first - he LOVES being on top and thinks the bunk bed is so cool! He talks about how he is there to help Matty not to be scared. He says if Matt gets scared in the night, he can just climb right down and comfort him. 

Someone else is pretty excited to be in a bunk bed, too... :)

Although this is not the best quality picture, I love it, because it embodies exactly what I wrote about above: brothers hanging out, sharing space, enjoying each other.

When I took this picture, I thought - Oh no, he is NEVER going to sleep tonight! He was so excited.

The last pic before I turned off the light! The beds aren't as "pretty" with the safety rails...

The boys did a great job the first night, and they have each night since. Ben fell almost right to sleep after I turned off the light... Matt stayed up talking to himself for two HOURS. In his defense, he had taken a nap that day, so he probably wasn't as tired (naps are phasing out quickly in this house). And honestly? He didn't try to get out of bed, he didn't keep Ben awake, he just kept talking and singing until he was tired enough to fall asleep. OK in my book! He did climb out during naptime the next day, but Josh just put him back in and that was the end of it. We have told the boys that they can't get out of bed in the morning until one of us comes in to get them up (mostly for Matt's benefit). Most mornings we find them in bed together, talking and giggling. 

I leave you with a video. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That is adorable!