Saturday, November 6, 2010

Matty Badaddy

For some reason I love to call Matt "Matty Badaddy." Ben likes it, too.

Little Matthew has yet to officially walk, as in across a room or whatever, but he has taken a few steps here and there. And he often will stand unassisted and just drink from his sippy cup or hold a toy in his hands, which is funny, because Ben never did that at all. He never just stood. It's so cute to see! Anyway, Matt will cruise and climb and take a step in between objects (as in, say, the chair and bookshelf). He's totally fine in my book, but I do dread the 15 month appointment. The pediatrician seemed to want to push him to walk at his 12 month appointment and he was totally not ready then. You know what, though? I am just realizing that Matt's 15 month appointment is actually 16 months of age for him. I'll bet he'll be walking by then.

Matt *just* started clapping his hands. I think most babies do this much earlier, but you should probably cut the poor one some slack as I explain that I don't think we ever taught him to! I made it my project the other day, to get him to clap, and now he is clapping like a pro. It's cute. We have a book that plays "If You're Happy And You Know It," and I always clap when you're supposed to, and then he claps, too, with gusto.

The little guy is coming around to signing. He wasn't really receptive to it at first, but he is making small efforts to sign "more" when we are eating a really good snack. He used to just shake his head adamantly "No!" and bang his hands on his tray and point at what he wanted, and yell. Ha.

He is getting to be a bit pickier foodwise, which makes a knot in my stomach, because this is when the tide turned for Ben, too. Matt, up until recently, would eat pretty much anything - including steak! - and he has resorted to refusing most textured foods, i.e., chicken. Ugh.

No comments: