He adds 't' to almost all words that begin with 's.' As in, "That tastes stour!" or "That knife is starp!" I don't really know why he does it, because he can say the 's' sound without the 't' at times. It's like he doesn't think about it and it just comes out.
He calls tic-tacs "tac-tacs." And he thinks he loves them, but he really doesn't. He had a peppermint one, and made a horrible face with it in his mouth, and when I asked him if he liked it, he said "Yes," but clearly he meant no. He was peeing on the potty the other day and asked if he could have a tac-tac when he was done. I said yes, and he said, "They're not my favorite thing. Sometimes they're kind of stour. And they're white and vanilla and they are kind of spicy. And they will make my tongue hurt." When asked if he was sure he actually wanted a tic-tac, he said, "Sure!"
He says "Sure!" a lot. It's so accommodating. It's one of my favorite things that he says.
He gets jealous of things that Matt has, like his coat, or a toy, or his baby mittens with no thumbs. (Ironically, many of these things were Ben's back in the day...) He has resorted to asking, "When I turn back into a baby, will you buy ME one of those coats?" Of course the perfect answer to this question is yes.
Oh! One more. Ben LOVES to wake Matt up in the morning. I usually get Ben up first, and then he likes to tiptoe into Matt's room and wake him up. Usually Matt is already awake, but just chilling out until we get in there. It's SO cute. Ben will quietly open Matt's door, say, "Hello little sunshine..." and poke his fingers through the crib rails. He actually gets upset if Matt is already awake when he gets up. Love!
3 comments:
Those were really cute! I liked them all. I like when Ben is going to turn back into a baby and that he really hates the tic tacs but still wants them. And I like how he likes to wake up Matt, very cute! :) Those are things you don't want to forget.
Hello, little sunshine? Oh my goodness, that is so sweet!
I love the tac-tac exchange, I can picture it perfectly.
uhhhh ... you wake your children up? bah! (& by that i mean: "jealous!")
the days i wake before eliot i RELISH in the 10 or 20 minutes to have the house to myself!
lately he's been averaging about 5:30 a.m.
p.s. bibs on the way soon!
Post a Comment