Friday, September 3, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Matthew!

My sweet baby boy is one. I just love him!
A wise friend of mine once told me that the most you can hope for at a 1 year-old's birthday party is a messy cake picture. If that's true, you better start with a good cake, right? I got the inspiration for this cake from a friend from high school, whose son's birthday is very close to Matt's. I bought the bundt pan, baked the cake, and, um, Josh did the rest. Isn't he amazing? :) We cut the head separately so that it could be Matt's little personal cake.
Matt's first look at the sugary treasure (and please note Ben's effort to blow out the candle!):
Hurry up, Mom! That looks delicious!
Um, yeah. Matt wasted no time getting right into it. Unlike his brother's first birthday cake experience, Matt needed no prodding!
I think he even liked how it felt squishing in his hands. :)

He looks delighted, doesn't he?
I totally forgot about the crown until after he'd eaten his cake. His shirt is a mess, but he is still cute, huh?
....it didn't last long.
For the record, yes, I intentionally left his bib off - I wanted to flaunt his one-ness in all the cake pictures! He had a great time, ate up all his birthday food, and slept better than a baby that night. We had a great party with lots of family, on a night that couldn't have been more perfect weather-wise. Ben is just dying for it to be his birthday soon! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness those pictures of him with the cake are too much!!! He is so adorable and such a little man now.

And tell Josh awesome work with the cake. I am going to show these to John and tell him Josh has set the bar.