We took Matty to the doctor today for his one-year checkup. Even though, yep, he's basically 13 months old. He continues to be almost exactly 2 pounds behind where Ben was at his age, which actually means they grew at the same rate, I guess? Ben just packed it in a little bit early on. And Matt was almost a pound heavier than him at birth, weird! Anyway, he was 22 pounds, 8 ounces and ...um... 31 and something inches long. I am so bad. Our old pediatrician used to copy it down into a little cardboard folder for us, so I never got into the habit of listening and writing it down.
Anyway, as babies go, Matt's still wicked awesome, cuter than most (ha ha!), and pretty much my favorite 1 year old ever. He is right about where Ben was at his age, in terms of walking, although we have all been convinced Matt would have been walking by now. Ben walked at 14 months, and I remember saying to the doctor at his 1-year visit that he had no interest in walking whatsoever. Climbing up and down stairs, all over the couch, pulling up and cruising anywhere and everywhere... but no walking. Matt's scenario is nearly identical. He only just recently let us start walking him around by holding his arms; usually he drops to the floor and crawls off like a shot. I am convinced he thinks walking would be slower. :)
I think our little Matty is just about perfect. He's growing and changing and ever so sweet. And also very screechy, at present, but who cares? It's a stage, and although not one of the more lovable ones, it'll pass. I love him more each day!
Oh! And, he stood totally unassisted the other day for a good, oh, 20 seconds. Cutie pie. He had no idea he was doing it, and dropped to the floor right away when he noticed. :)
1 comment:
He's such a cutie. N.Lo was also a proficient crawler, unmotivated to walk.
Post a Comment