Friday, June 18, 2010

Update!

~Matt's fourth tooth is in. Hooray, hooray, hooray!
~His runny nose is back. Boo, boo, boooooo!
~He has learned (finally!) to creep-crawl-sit-crawl-creep-sit-crawl... it's pretty cute. And he is pretty pleased with himself when he pulls it off. He loves to get into his toy basket. He'll creep/crawl on over and dump it out, and then sit up and eat each toy. Yep. Eat.
~Matthew has finally found his voice. I say "Matthew" because when I hear that *ahem* little voice, I often say, "Matthew! MY goodness!" Ben promptly repeats me.
~Bathing Matt has become impossible. No, really. I put him in the tub and he immediately slides to his belly and REFUSES to sit up. I try to secure him against the side of the tub with my arm while I wash his available parts and he weasels himself away, pronto. He spends almost the entire bath coughing and sputtering bath water because I simply cannot keep his face out of the water. I even picked him up out of the water, against my (at one time) dry shirt, and tried to lather him up a little... it was insanity. INsanity. Ben thinks the whole deal is hilarious.
~He's started to eat a lot more of our foods, in the baby food processor. Less jars! I gave up trying to be Supermom and make all his baby food, and it turns out, the jar "season" isn't THAT long anyway. He's eating a lot of what we eat, blended up, these days.
~Matt always wants to be in on the action. He loves Ben's toys and Ben's room. He watches everything Big Brother does, and everything Daddy does, too.
~We are at the beginning of the separation stage, where if I walk away from him without warning he will burst into tears. I find this mostly endearing at this point, especially since Josh claimed him as a Daddy's Boy while he was still in the womb. Turns out he DOES love me, hmmph! :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Ugh the separation stage... bless you.