Friday, June 4, 2010

Snippets

It is so hard to keep up with my boys. It's not an excuse; it's a reality. I don't take as many pictures as I used to, when Matt was stationary, but even if I do, I don't have time to organize and post them! So here are a few updates, bullet-style:

  • Matt is officially on the move. I mean, he's been moving for awhile, but you can't even gently barricade him anymore. If he wants to get there, he's THERE. Yesterday. Watch out.
  • Matt absolutely adores Ben, and will do pretty much anything he can to get into Ben's room, Ben's things, and Ben's heart. It's pretty cute, from my end anyway!
  • Ben is potty training (again). We did a short stint of potty training awhile back, but we put it on hold when the little guy had some tummy troubles. I'm glad for that week or so, though, because this time around, he really does already know what to do - he just needs to DO it. He's doing really, really well! (I'm getting a little weary of it, though.)
  • Matt poked his third tooth through on May 23, for those of you who were waiting on the edge of your seat for the news. His fourth tooth is due to arrive any day now. I saw a picture of him tonight with his mouth wide open, and that fourth tooth actually looks like it IS through, it's pressing so hard, but if you put your finger in there - it's not. PS: I would not advise putting your finger in there.
  • Matt has learned to wave.
  • Matt pulled up on the side of Ben's bed. Once. His legs are pretty wobbly yet, but he is DYING to start walking. Help me, Lord.
  • Ben continues to be the sweetest, most sensitive older brother I could ever have hoped he would be. Whenever Matt cries, Ben jumps into action: "Should I go make faces at him to cheer him up [definite Mr. Funny reference]?" Or sometimes he'll just yell from wherever he is, "It's OK, Matty, it's OK." Or "Mommy's coming, Matt." Or "I'm here, Matty, I'm here. It's OK. I'm here." So stinking cute.
  • On occasion, Ben is a little less than sweet and sensitive, and has been known to rip a toy out of Matt's hand, or jump from the side of his bed onto Matt's head. Don't worry; Matt has 3.75 teeth now, and he's already bitten Ben multiple times. My life is about to get even more out of control in the near future, isn't it. Hmph.
  • Ben has a love/hate relationship with his bath. I think we are in a love stage right now. He has learned how to lie down on his back in the water, very still, and he thinks it is the coolest thing.
  • The boys can finally share a bath! It was a long time before I trusted Matt's ability to sit unassisted, in water, but we are there. I feel badly for Matt about it; the days of him getting a private bath are probably gone for years. Ben bathes more often (he gets dirtier, at this point), so he's still got some water to himself for a bit.
That's all for now!

No comments: