Tuesday, December 30, 2008

1-year well-baby check

I'll make this quick, as this post is nearly a month overdue! Ben weighed in at 24 lbs, 3 oz, surprisingly light for what we predicted... he'd been 26 pounds by our home scale for weeks. Weird. Anyway, 75th percentile, for what it's worth. And the little guy's height is still off the chart, 32.5 inches. What a big boy! We told the doctor that Ben didn't seem to have ANY interest in walking... not even standing by himself, really. BUT, he was crawling, climbing, going up the stairs, and cruising... so, nothing to really worry about. A couple of shots, and we were out the door. We played hookey and took off for Rochester instead of running right down to the lab for his 1-year blood work. We still have to get that done, yuck!

Oh, and this is a little snap of Ben with his absolute favorite food, offered by the kitchen staff only on bath nights... pasta with sauce! 

4 comments:

Sherri said...

Some assurance for Ben's walking! Caleb walked at 14 months. Someone told me her son walked later too, and he was long and thinner like Caleb (and Ben!). She said the doctor said sometimes taller kids don't walk as fast because it's harder to get balance with that long body!

PS - Isaac loves clam chowder and only gets it on bath nights b/c I can't stand him smelling like a fish!

Tracey said...

Are you sure he doesn't have a little italian in him? ;)

Julie said...

LOVE the pic!! dont you love how it stains their face! I thought he was walking the other day? Did he stop? Adam was 13 and a half months too when he just took off, there was no inbetween stage, just started walking. i haven't heard that about the height and the walking but that is insteresting.

Beth said...

Yeah, he has started walking at this point. He took 10 steps this afternoon. But I'm kind of catching up the blog, I back-dated it for the 30th so I was trying to keep up with the times. :)