Monday, February 3, 2014

Matty's first day of preschool

Just so you know, if you ever have a child going to preschool, this is how you want it to go. :)
Posing with his "First Day of Preschool" lettering on the easel, before school

In the car, ready to go!

This was actually Matt's second day of preschool, where he got to be the first student to celebrate his birthday at school!

Ben's goodbye hug to Matt... we waited for the bus with Ben, and then Matt begged me for the next 30 minutes (until it was time to leave) to take him to school, already! We have since switched Matt to the afternoon class, so the mornings don't work out like this anymore, but it was fun for a time. :)

In front of the door at school... I always took this picture of Ben so of course I had to take it of Matt, too!

In front of his cubby, first day. Of course he's wearing his Lucy shirt, which he believes Lucy had made for him for his birthday. If you watched the video of the night before preschool, you know he was beyond thrilled about making his "Lucy shirt" debut. 

Finding his name and putting it up! 

....and, happily settled in at the Play-Doh table. I was never able to get a pic like this of Ben because I had to leave immediately once he got involved in something. If I stuck around, he'd remember that he didn't want me to leave, and the next few minutes would be torture. SO, Matt + preschool = almost pure joy, and that is really, really fun for me.

No comments: