Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy first day of school, Ben!

I really didn't know what to expect out of Ben this morning, but he seemed pretty excited. He got up and got himself dressed, brushed his teeth, ate breakfast, got his shoes on, etc... without any trouble or even having to be told more than once. He happily posed for a few pictures, and we were off!

On the way to school, he told me, "I'm not real excited about this whole school thing..." and I got a tiny bit worried, but - he did fine. I got him into the classroom with minimal coaxing and there were no tears and no clinging (thank goodness!). Here are a few pictures.

My attempt at creativity.  Have you SEEN the "1st day of school" pics on Facebook? Mercy!

I want to do this every year. I think it will be fun to see the changes in his letters and handwriting. I was really surprised he wrote so small! I wonder what next year will hold...
Outside the school, about to head in!

In front of his cubby. When he saw that it is blue, he told me, "Thank goodness it's not YELLOW," which, incidentally, is exactly what he said last year upon discovering his cubby was red! :)


2 comments:

Beth said...

Ben says he wants to be a pilot when he grows up.

Unknown said...

That's so funny that he doesn't want a yellow cubby. I love that it has been consistantly yellow too, not like last year he didn't want red and this year he didn't want yellow. Too cute!