I feel like apple picking is one of those things you imagine yourself doing with your kids, before you even have kids. Apple picking, and baking cookies, and going on sunny vacations... you know what I mean. Anyway, Ben and Matt and I had fun picking berries several times this summer, but there is just something about picking APPLES that ushers in the season! We had a really good time. Who knew how quickly two boys could pick a few bags of apples?! Ben only wanted the perfect, round, gigantic apples, and Matt wanted all of the apples, all of them, every one, on the ground, on the trees, full of marks and pits, bruised, perfect, he wasn't too discerning. It was kind of cute. Anyway... there was a spot for a cute photo, so I took advantage.
 |
| I asked them to hug. Ben "met me in the middle" and placed his hand gently atop Matt's head. :) |
 |
| There's a little hug! |
 |
| I tried for a close-up... but man oh MAN, is it hard to get Matt's attention. Ever, really... but especially for a picture! |
Apple Hills has a small fenced-in area with a few animals. There are sheep, goats, and a donkey. They seem to really enjoy grass (even though their pen is full of it!), which is nice because the boys could feed them until their heart's content. This was one of those moments in time when I just felt completely unrushed. Like - what is the hurry? What are we leaving for? Go ahead, feed the animals! They had fed them once before, but they weren't as friendly that day. Today was perfect.
 |
| "Ew, Mom, I can feel his tongue!" |
 |
| Matt didn't really mean to *taunt* the goat... ha ha. He was a little timid at first, though. |
 |
| Ben was so sweet, petting them all. |
 |
| He REALLY loves animals! |
 |
| I finally talked Matt into giving the goat a little pat, too. |
1 comment:
In the first picture Ben looks SO much bigger than Matt. And I love the rubber boots! Apple picking is super fun.
Post a Comment