We had a bunch of candy leftover from Easter baskets, and the other day I was trying to teach Ben a random lesson about obedience. I told him to turn off the light and come right upstairs, and do it with a good attitude, and he might be glad that he did. He grumbled and complained and stomped upstairs and didn't turn off the light. (Clearly he was in the middle of something much more important.) I sent him back down with the exact same direction, and told him that sometimes when you obey the first time, and with the right attitude, you get rewarded. He went down, turned off the light, came upstairs, and said, "So what do I get?"
And I said, "Nothing."
Ha.
He totally didn't get it, and so I told him that if he had done what I had asked, I had planned on giving him a little treat of Easter candy when he came upstairs. He started to cry, and pointed out (rather earnestly) that he had, in fact, turned off the light and come upstairs... but of course that wasn't the point. I was putting away laundry in my room when I heard him call, "How do you spell 'today'?" I told him, and then he called me out to the kitchen to show me this paper.
Can you read it? It says "Ben (BEN) didn't (D) get (GT) candy (KNDI) today (TODY)."
Ouch. Life sure is hard!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment