Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!

We definitely had a super fun Christmas this year. The boys both 'got it,' if you know what I mean. They were really excited. We made paper chains to count down to the day, and we had little bits of the Christmas story to read each day. We also had a handful of new Christmas books to read throughout the season, which was fun and helpful to build the anticipation.

On Christmas Eve, we went out to Uncle Scott's church, and Ben sang in the children's choir with Abel. He even did the hand motions! They sang Away in a Manger and Silent Night. I was really proud of (and surprised by!) him. We headed home late that night so we'd wake up together in our own beds on Christmas morning.

We kicked off the morning with stockings and presents.
The Nerf guns from Daddy were a big hit...
...and so were these mini football helmets.
We had a big brunch at our house with Meema and Papa and Sarah, and then we went over to their house for some more fun! Aunt Sarah got the boys a whole bin of dress-up clothes. They LOVE them. Ben wore the Batman mask for the rest of the presents. :)
And Matt is totally in love with all things Superman!
We spread out the fun a little and had Christmas with the Austins on the 27th. I only took one picture that day. :( At least it's a funny one! Uncle Dan was pretty beat after working a late shift and then driving to NY on short sleep. He tried to take a nap... ha. Matt apparently thought he was FREEZING:
Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Julie said...

I love the matching pj's on Christmas and I love how he wore the costumes the rest of opening time. I think costumes are the best. We get A LOT of use out of them at our house. :)