Friday, January 29, 2010

Remember When

(...a post best read while listening to Alan Jackson's Remember When, which I first heard at Hillary's wedding, and which has made me cry too many times since.)


Remember when this little monkey couldn't reach the table?
Or when he'd bump his head on it as he walked past?
Now it is his playground.
My little one isn't so little anymore.
I love him so much it hurts. I can't stand to watch him grow up.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I read this with tears in my eyes and I bet you wrote it that way, didn't you?

The Carlson Chronicles said...

Seriously, the tears are about to spill over. I SO hear you. I look at my 'little' guy and can't believe he is as big as he is! I feel like every January (for some reason) he turns another corner towards maturity. I don't know why it is always January when I notice it, but it has held true since he was an infant. And Ella, ya, she's not staying so little either. Sniff. Your little big guy is such a cutie though!

Julie said...

I just want to say that I heard Hill's song on her ipod this weekend and had to make myself think about something else and not listen to it, I can't take it. But so true! sniff sniff

Benjamin Harding said...

Oh my word.... speaking of "the Alan Jackson song, I don't think a day goes by when I don't think of the line "Remember when the sound of little feet was the music we danced to week to week..." and I get so sad for that minute or so thinking that this time will go too fast, I'm sure....
-Marji