Saturday, January 9, 2010

Matt's 4-month well baby check


It is SO hard to believe that Matt is four months old already. I have no idea where the past four months have gone! I told Josh's mom today, when you think about a six month old baby, you think they are a really 'grown-up' baby. Well, Matt is almost there! He holds his head up well, he is starting to enjoy the little exercise gym that he sits up in, and he (drumroll, please) finally sleeps through the night. No crying! It all clicked when he started sucking his thumb, sigh. More about that in another post!

Anyway, yesterday's doctor visit brought three shots (poor guy!), two of which the little champ shrugged off with out so much as a frown. The third one, however, broke everyone's heart in the room, as Matt finally gave in and let us know how much it hurt! I can't remember which one they give last, but the nurse always says, "This one's the stinger!" -- and evidently, she is right. :) Matt was 16 lbs, 12 oz, and 26.5 inches long. He's in the 90th percentile for both height and weight, and I think he is just right. I have really fallen in love with him these past couple of weeks, as I've seen him growing up right before my eyes! He's so very smiley and even-tempered. I really enjoy having him around. :)

No comments: