Tuesday, March 31, 2009

15 month well-baby visit

We went for Ben's 15 month visit yesterday. The previous week had been a long one; Ben had a pretty good fever for several days (which did not concern the on-call doctor), and then a runny nose/cough, and finished out the week pulling a little bit on his right ear... so we were glad to have an appointment with the doctor ahead of time. Turns out he has an ear infection in his left ear, and he's taking Amoxicillin for the next week and a half. Luckily he loves taking the liquid meds! It made a week of rotating Tylenol and Motrin a little easier, and now that he's all excited to drink up anything you squirt in his mouth, it's making giving the Amoxicillin easy, too. His appetite is slowly coming back, so I think he is really on the mend.

The little guy is still growing like a weed. I forget his actual measurement, but his height is still in the 100th percentile, so I know it's up there. He was 26 pounds, 4 oz, which keeps him in the 75th percentile, so that's good. For awhile there, every time we saw the doctor he dropped a bunch of percentile points in the weight department. He's certainly not chunky, but he's not scrawny, either. Of course I think he is just right. :) And the funny part (to me) is that his head is in the 97th percentile. Nothing like a thin kid with a big ol' head! Ha ha!

So that's the update for now! The pharmacist told me we are very lucky to have made it to 15 months with no meds yet... I do feel lucky, and I am hoping the little guy is feeling great again soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

15 months without meds? WOW! you definitely have e beat :)