Thursday, August 28, 2008

8 months old.


It is SO hard to believe that our little guy is 8 months old! As a wise young woman pointed out recently, he is a lot closer to one year than to zero; we are well beyond the half-year mark. Just for fun, I counted out how many weeks old Ben is: thirty-six. I remember being 36 weeks pregnant. Ben was born at 39 weeks, 3 days, so he has been outside almost as long as he was in!

Things about Ben:
He can...
1. roll over (remember when that was HUGE?)
2. sit up
3. creep
4. crawl
5. creep-crawl-sit-creep-crawl
6. pull up
7. say "da-da" and /d/ which I, in my crazed mother mind, think is his word for dog
8. EAT! It is a confirmed fact that Ben eats far less solid food than any baby within several weeks of his age, and I have no clue why this is, but he does love his food. He still gets a lot of breastmilk, so I'm not going to worry about it.
And...
9. He has four teeth.
10. He weighs 22 pounds (subject to change by the hour, ha!).
And...
11. He loves Tobey. (Tobey is still undecided.)
12. He loves to look out the window at Tobey, at cars going by, at the birds, etc.
13. He is starting to become reallllly interested in whatever Josh or I am eating
14. He needs another haircut!
15. He is juuuuust beginning to get a bit clingy.

I like him. 

3 comments:

Tracey said...

And he's dang cute!

Julie said...

I just want to tell you that we took Van for his 18 month well check yesterday and he is also 22 pounds. :)

The Carlson Chronicles said...

I just love the video with the laundry basket...SO stinking cute! The first of many climbing adventures, I'm sure!