Monday, July 15, 2013

Camp Timberledge

A friend of mine from college sent me a message via Facebook a few months ago asking me to consider being the camp nurse at she and her husband's week directing a Senior Teen camp. She said I could bring the boys along, and it just seemed like too great of an opportunity to pass up. I had to do some legwork to get my Pennsylvania nursing license, but once that was taken care of, we were off! The boys didn't really know what to expect (and you know what, neither did I). We packed lots of snacks and swimsuits and bug spray and squirt guns and hoped for the best! They were in for a treat. High school boys and girls that love to play with kids were at every turn. Ben brought his light sabers and Jedi robe and made friends effortlessly, ha. Matt told everyone we met all about Lucy. I had a great week as camp nurse (with the exception of registration, which was insane for me) and met some wonderful people along the way. I'd love to go back another year... we just have to iron out some details and make sure the time frame works for our family. I will leave you with the video of the boys reuniting with Lucy:

No comments: