Friday, August 10, 2012

Canada

A couple of years ago, we took the boys to Canada for a week's vacation. We had Josh's parents and sister along to help entertain them, and it was a great trip... but we definitely recognized that we could not have pulled it off without the help of three additional adults! And I don't think we spent much time in the boat, either, except to zoom over to the other side of the lake to a fun swimming area. This year we thought we'd give it another go. Meema and Josh took the first part of the week, and I joined up with them on Monday night after I finished my race in Maine. I won't bore you with stories of cool temps and rainy days... I'll just show you some cute pictures.
Josh's view from the back of the boat. I love these boys!

Josh and his little mini-me! 

My view... cuteness. :)

Ben with a big wide grin, after catching a pretty impressive sunfish! Nine inches!

I love this picture so much. All three are looking at the camera and smiling ... if oversmiling a little bit. :)

Yeah, Matt didn't really get into fishing. He just kind of entertained himself in the boat. It got a little hairy at times. I told Josh, "I just keep waiting to hear a splash." He really did quite well, though, given the confined space!

You know how sometimes you look at your spouse and you think, "This is our life"? This was one of those.  
And again, yeah, Matt was kind of bored. :)
And for your viewing pleasure... a little video of Ben (he loves to do these "interviews"):

No comments: