Saturday, September 27, 2008

9 month well-baby check

Isn't he the cutest thing? Oh, how I love him.

The 9-month check-up was actually kind of fun. No shots, which is always nice, and a little more playtime. The pediatrician really seems to enjoy Ben (I imagine he enjoys children in general, at least I hope he does!), and it's fun when someone whose job is to 'size up' your child has nice things to say about him. As he left the appointment, he said something like, "I wouldn't change a thing about you!" to our little guy, and that made us smile. Here are the numbers:

Ben was 22 lbs, 13 oz, which is a shade lighter than our home scale had been calculating, but isn't it nice to find out that your home scale says you're heavier than you actually are? :) This puts Ben in the 80th percentile, which, although another drop percentage-wise, the doctor reiterated isn't concerning given Josh's and my builds.

Ben was 31 5/8 inches long! He remains in the 100th percentile for height, and this time the prediction for his height at 18 years was 6'5"!! I told Josh we will likely need to take out a second mortgage just to feed the kid, ha. 

I feel a sad sort of happy when I realize just how close we are to Ben's first birthday. He really is a wonderful, pleasant baby. He is fully into the clinging to Mom stage, but most of the time I don't even mind it. It's nice to be wanted. So far. ;)

No comments: