Funny, when I started to type "Quick update," it auto-completed for me. Apparently this is a favored title of mine. On to the, er, quick update, then:
Ben had his 8-week appointment with the doctor on Friday, which meant a sad beginning to the seemingly endless schedule of immunizations the little guy will have to endure. He had three shots and one oral vaccine yesterday, poor guy! He squealed when the doctor first stuck him, and then wailed till he was done. So sad to watch, and yet the greater good indicates going through the pain. Ben survived like a champ, though: he cried for about one minute, and then just pasted on a rather convincing (and deep) frown, and then ...was over it. He did run a low fever (which won him some infant Tylenol), and was uncharacteristically cranky for a day or so, but he doesn't seem to have suffered too terribly. And that's a good thing, because we have to do it again in 8 weeks, and then again 8 weeks after that. He's going to hate the doctor! And to think, he began the appointment with a big smile for the guy. Not fair, not fair at all.
The fun part? Ben officially weighs 14 pounds, 3 ounces, which puts him in the 95th percentile. As a friend recently pointed out, in our obesity-challenged nation, I'm not sure why being heavier than 95% of infants his age is a good thing... but as a breastfeeding mom, it is an indicator of how well things are going, so I guess I feel good about the big number. Ben was also in the 90th percentile for height and head circumference. My big boy.
I guess this wasn't a quick update after all. I think I just labeled it such because I knew I didn't have a picture to post. But there will be plenty of posts for that. :)
Quick edit: Ben was 24 inches long, a lanky (ha) three-inch gain from birth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment